Our client is looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional. This is a temp-to-hire position through our staffing service.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
- Ensure that maintenance is performed to community standards and service requests are handled in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls, etc.
- Respond to resident work orders in a timely and courteous manner
- Install appliances and equipment
- Do garden/yard upkeep by mowing the lawn, collecting trash, etc.
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs, filters, window coverings, painting, etc.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g. ventilation)
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations
- Report to a facility or maintenance manager for issues
- Proven experience
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license, must be insurable
As a temporary staff member, you will work Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Successful completion of a drug and background check required prior to the offer of work. Some weekend work required after hire.
$14.00 - $20.00/hr DOE